Thursday, July 19, 2012

No regrets!

I recently came across an article titled "Top Five Regrets of the Dying."  It sparked my interest and I think we can all relate to the following list.

1. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
2. I wish I'd stayed in touch with my friends.
3. I wish I had let myself be happier.
4. I wish I'd had the courage to express my true self.
5. I wish I'd lived a life true to my dreams instead of what others expected of me.

This article got me to thinking, what would be my biggest regret if this was my last day of life?  Working in the hospice world, I am probably more attuned to this train of thought than others might be, but it is such an important message and reminder. 

I want to remind each of you to live each day to the fullest.  Make sure your loved ones know how much they mean to you.  And most importantly, don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today.

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment